Sunday, November 18, 2012

hello

Hello...
Testing testing one, two three...do I remember how to blog?

Maybe i don't anymore...
It's been so long, it's not that I don't want to blog, I do...... i really do..
I've just been swallowed whole by time...
When the children were really little I thought I was sooo busy, and I was...but I realise now, it was just the warm up lap...
Things are way busier now, now that their a little older...plus ya know, Ive got Blossy.. attached to me, 24/7, and that's ok by me really....because I miss her toddler hood already...
but when children are older, I feel as though they need more of me mentally more so than psychically....

When their little, it's a lot of running and dashing and cleaning and picking up...
but when their older, it's after school activities, homework help, school problems, friends problems...hormonal melt downs of epic proportion.... 
and those of you out there who have children over the age of 11 know this...things can get a little LOCO while they grow...like really LOCO ... like "holy shit, is this kids head going to start spinning around?" kinda LOCO....
and so...
with my mind on helping my older two children through adolescence, my middle two discovering the world answering the constant influx of worldly questions and my sweet Blossom baby flat out being the CEO of this house...it doesn't leave me much time for myself...
At the end of the day, I find myself just craving the couch and my husband...I want to lay down with my feet in his lap...and talk...and laugh..and maybe sip a glass of wine...and shake off the day...


below is a picture I sent to a friend to prove, that, yes indeed my breakfast dishes are still in the sink at lunch time...


Some days I feel like Naz and I have got our shit together, and other days...I wonder if I'm the right woman for this job...I wonder who the heck let me be responsible for all these children, when clearly I have no freakin idea what I'm doing....

In all honestly...as crazy as things are around here....I've never been happier...I love this time of year, Christmas is coming, The Violet turns 7 this week....and all is as it should be...



and that folks...
is where my brain is right now....


10 comments:

  1. full. that's what your life is. full and blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is my friend...:-).... Xxxx

      Delete
  2. I'm hearing ya! But you have a few extra kids than me & i'm sure you're doing a fantastic job :) So, seven years ago this week we both had baby girls, how wonderful is that?! And yay to blogging, i sure have missed you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have a beautiful day with your almost 7 year old...:-)... I just loved 6... I hope 7 for willow is just as fun....and thank you Malea...I've missed this space too xx

      Delete
  3. I totally agree! I miss the routine and predictability of babies and toddlers, now they are 7,10 and 12 life is busier and scary! Do you have any advice for hormonal pre teens.... Boy oh boy the girl can hit the crazies
    Tx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!!!!! No advice other than hold on tight....and forgive their crazy :-)... X

      Delete
  4. I am nodding and smiling and laughing and saying yes, yes!!
    Oh you so get it.
    I have one less than you and my oldest is only 10 (already having hormonal surges though) but I so know what you mean about everything you said. (except I don't have a Violet, but I did have three of my four have b'days in the past two months, so busy busy!)
    Crazy, busy and lots of people shouting "Mum, Mum, Muuuuuuuum" at me, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Love your blog posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice when another mum gets it...isn't it?..xxx...oh and yes...I still adore my green dress..except I made it into a shirt...uh huh..I cut it!!!

      Delete
  5. Ps you have that nice dress on again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny!! btw, I know that feeling (the dishes in the sink... ;))

    ReplyDelete

hi there